Applications for Summer 2022 are now closed
Discover a life-changing college experience that’s free to successful applicants.
Videos from our experiences in 2021 (above) and 2022 (below)
In July 2022, the House Divided Project at Dickinson College will host our second annual Knowledge for Freedom seminar, a free, three-week college-level program for rising high school seniors from across south central Pennsylvania. The seminar is part of a remarkable initiative from the Teagle Foundation which helps introduce high school students to a series of great texts that address fundamental questions about freedom, democracy, and self-government. Everything about the program is free, including residential room and board. In addition, successful participants will not only enjoy a college-style experience this summer on the beautiful Dickinson campus, but also will be eligible to receive college credit for their completed course work and extensive additional mentoring and guidance as they navigate the college admissions process during their senior year of high school. The program is highly competitive and targets low-income or first-generation college students. Applications are due by May 15, 2022. For more details and to apply, just visit our How to Apply page
Check out coverage of the inaugural 2021 summer seminar:
- Dickinson College Receives Grant to Establish Program for Underrepresented High School Students (Jan. 15, 2021)
- Dickinson College’s House Divided project to offer framework for summer program for low-income students (Feb. 24, 2021)
- Seminar Organizers on 2021 Program, WITF “Smart Talk” (May 19, 2021):
- 2021 Seminar Debate (July 30, 2021)
- Knowledge for Freedom video summary (August 3, 2021)
- Knowledge for Freedom podcast summary (September 28, 2021)
UPDATED COVID STATEMENT: Participants in the 2022 seminar will be required to be fully vaccinated and boosted at least one month prior to their on-campus arrival on July 10, 2022. Those unable to meet this requirement may request permission to participate remotely during our three-week session.