Denny Hall

Denny Hall on my way home from work (Jordyn Ney)

To many Dickinson students, Denny Hall is a place for academic development and extracurricular activities. It is a beautiful brick building that stands out against the other gray limestone ones familiar to the college. It was first built in 1897, but is still an active part of Dickinson’s campus today. During the school day, you will find students bustling around Denny, going to their classes such as International Relations, Cultural Anthropology, Political Philosophy, and American History among others. When the day ends, many students stay behind to talk with their professors and friends on the green couches in the lobby while others are just arriving for club meetings. 

One club that meets in Denny that is close to my heart is Mock Trial, an intercollegiate organization that simulates courtroom trials. I joined the team my freshman year and have been an active member since then. Mock Trial meets on the top floor of Denny, where we have access to classrooms equipped with desks, white boards, projectors, computers, and many other things that make our meetings more productive. After practices, Denny becomes a spot where our Mock Trial team members socialize with one another, and even throw pizza parties and movie nights. 

Denny Room 317

Denny, Room 317 (Dickinson)

Mock Trial often meets in Denny 317: one of the most beautiful rooms on Dickinson’s campus. When I first saw the room, I was taken away. It has a layout that reminds me of the United State’s Senate floor, with rows of wooden desks and tall ceilings. Stain glass windows surround the room, giving it a warm and inviting glow. I have the luxury of being in the room twice a week, but many other students also get to admire its beauty in class. All of the rooms are unique in their own way, and many students are proud to have made Denny their home.